Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a Director, Digital Marketing & Publicity. This role is responsible for managing digital publicity and social media efforts in support of our theatrical film slate and supporting the EVP Digital Marketing and National publicity teams in all aspects of digital publicity strategic planning. Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic online publicity and talent/PR social media campaigns across theatrical film titles.
- Collaborate with internal departments and creative executives to create PR strategies that build awareness and engage target audiences with our marketing messages.
- Manage an internal team, as well as online agencies; to ensure marketing goals are met.
- Act as primary point of contact with digital media publishers, proactively pitching and securing editorial and custom content, responding to incoming media inquiries and developing media relationships.
- Primary contact for digital communications at events including junkets, press set visits, film festivals, premieres, etc.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong understanding of online communications, as well as social media.
- Robust media contacts.
- Minimum of 7 years communications experience.
- Excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills and ability to work with various groups.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relative field.
- Previous experience working for an entertainment studio preferred.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing.
- Experience in managing and mentoring others.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.