Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an opening for a Financial Analyst in our Contract Compliance & Third Party Audit department. Applicants will gain a comprehensive view of the entertainment industry from the inside-out. In addition, prospective applicants will be exposed to contract compliance, contract interpretation, general accounting practices, and the procedures involving a standard entertainment industry audit. Applicants will work with various departments within the company including Theatrical, Production, Home Entertainment, Worldwide TV and Digital Distribution, Interactive Ventures and Games, Merchandising, Worldwide Marketing, International, Business and Legal Affairs, etc. The applicant will learn to operate the SAP financial system, which is used by many of the major studios as well as 75% of Fortune 500 businesses.
- Supporting participations audits by reviewing participation statements and compiling back-up documents for expenses & revenue, utilizing various accounting systems, and reconciling payment schedules with contracts.
- Researching auditor’s requests by interfacing with all departments within the company, analyzing royalty payments against general ledger data, interpreting legal contracts, and working on special projects as required.
Experience & Skills:
- The successful candidate will have a degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration with strong Excel and analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills, as well as a basic proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Should be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach to potential issues; able to work independently and manage multiple audits at various stages of completion.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and patience as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- SAP B/W experience and general knowledge of participations and royalties payments is a plus, but not required.
- A strong ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents is required.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.