Career Opportunities: Specialist, Distribution & Sales Servicing (14911)
Req Id 14911 - Posted 09/12/2018 - Employment - California
Summary of Position:
As part of the Worldwide Television Marketing Team, this role assumes the primary responsibility for oversight and servicing of all marketing, social and publicity assets for any films or series acquired by our global network of broadcasters, as well as the management of our primary B-2-B sales sites. This role requires an incredibly detail oriented, proactive, responsible, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and partners simultaneously. This position must master an intimate knowledge of the breadth of assets available, and any restrictions associated with those assets. In addition, this position will work closely with several internal departments and external vendors and broadcasters. We expect this position to continue to refine information flow and best practices designed to meet the increasing demand on day-and-date delivery obligations, as well as managing a continually growing slate of content.
- Main marketing point of contact for all global broadcasters in regards to securing the key film and TV titles marketing, social and publicity assets
- Work intimately with a network of external vendors in regards to both A/V and print asset requests, retrieval and delivery.
- Maintain an internal asset repository for quick-turn day-and-date partner requirements.
- Work closely with premiere network and broadcast partners on the timing of assets roll-outs and broadcast date adjustments to avoid any “spoiler” related assets being leaked into the marketplace.
- Build close relationships with several internal divisions including the Asset Management, Content Servicing, and Metadata teams to insure the smooth transition of information and alignment of partner communications and obligations as required.
- Continually evaluate and make improvements to the process and procedures to help guarantee a “best in class” experience for our partners.
- Lead the process of guaranteeing global communication for “skip weeks”, and enforcing the proper roll-out and release of materials.
- Oversee and manage the LGTV international sales site, working closely with the creative services team to oversee the site design, title updates, screener and trailer uploads, and general real-time maintenance of the site.
- Manage the screener request, delivery and security process with the global sales team, related vendors, and external clients including privacy rules, water-marking, and user registrations.
- Run reports on LGTV.com usage as required by sales team.
- Maintain relationship with website vendors and IT to troubleshoot client issues, discuss contract renewals, and develop new features/tools to ensure secure and smooth UI experience
- Coordinate the “movie of the month” blasts to external clients, working with sales and creative teams to feature priority titles, craft taglines, and create custom graphics
- Assist with tracking international air dates and sales, gathering information from international sales and broadcast partners and organizing calendars for PR and Marketing use.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Television, Business or Liberal Arts, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Previous asset servicing experience is a plus, inclusive of day-and-date clients
- A strong knowledge of digital marketing assets is required; including but not limited to digital media formats, delivery methods and proficient in all current technology standards
- Experience within a studio or lab environment in handling multiple customers and managing priorities and expectations in an efficient and effective way
- High organizational and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to trouble shoot and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to establish and nurture relationships
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage many projects at a time
- Passionate about film/TV industry and specifically knowledgeable of the Lionsgate catalogue