Summary of Position:
This position will work with the SVP Marketing in gathering information for the International and Domestic TV Sales teams, our domestic network and distribution partners, and will help proactively drive and support all key marketing, charity, talent and sales initiatives across the full spectrum of shows. The role will also work very closely with the Event and Creative divisions within the Worldwide TV Marketing group, as well as the Development, Sales, Home Entertainment, and Theatrical teams.
This role requires a talented multi-faceted marketing professional who is a self-starter, a team player, is highly organized, and displays tremendous communication, multi-tasking, and relationship building skills. The individual must thrive in a fast moving and changing environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and understanding of sales needs and B-2-B marketing requirement, and have a proven track record of success. In addition, this role requires a savvy understanding of social media, digital, and the ownership of consumer communications.
- Roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty every day (this is first on the list for a reason)
- Build solid relationships and communication lines with internal Lionsgate divisions including our TV Development, Business & Legal, Home Entertainment, PR, Creative, and Events teams
- Develop a meaningful relationship with all external network and digital distribution partners to influence, communicate and support all marketing, PR and promotional initiatives
- Required to research, draft and seek approvals of sell-sheets and presentation decks
- Act as day-to-day contact point for International Sales Teams including gathering requests for marketing and sales materials, and sharing critical information on content and assets
- Manage the Lionsgate TV social handles and communities through cross-promotions and digital initiatives to drive tune-in for TV series by working with cross-functional marketing teams
- Collaborate with the SVP Marketing in creating and maintaining marketing and sales reports including marketing materials, broadcast air dates, ratings, and pertinent sales information
- Execute data and analysis, create ratings and marketing presentations, and present findings to all levels of the organization
- Maintain essential and regular reports, summaries, grids and other documentation to track the key business components
Experience & Skills:
This position requires an extremely capable entertainment and sales savvy individual with a proven track-record of success in marketing, social/digital, and project management. They right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, is self-motivated AND a self-starter, tactful, a team builder, detailed orientated and possesses strong analytical, management, organizational and communication skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience an absolute must
- A deep understanding of TV marketing, social media, TV sales process, competitive landscape and digital media
- Strong writing skills, with a clear understanding of the difference between consumer and B-2-B marketing requirements. Sales related experience is a plus
- Established working relationship with clients and vendors in the TV marketplace
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills, and works well in a team environment
- A hands-on entrepreneurial approach to business by taking initiatives to strategize and prepare for unforeseen situations
- Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities with obsessive attention to detail and to interact with diverse groups