Career Opportunities: Director, Digital Retail Marketing (14946)
Req Id 14946 - Posted 09/17/2018 - Employment - California
Summary of Position:
The Director, Digital Retail Marketing for Lionsgate’s Home Entertainment Team will focus on driving additional revenue by creating promotional opportunities with new release and catalog product through relationship development, planning, execution and performance with Global Digital and MVPD retail partners (e.g. iTunes, Amazon, Comcast, DirecTV, VUDU, etc.).
The Retail Marketing team will work closely with Sales, Partnerships & Promotions, Brand Marketing, Creative Services, Content Operations, Sales Planning, Business Affairs and outside vendors to develop and execute account specific commercial strategies, on-platform marketing plans and off-platform integrated promotions.
- Work with Sales Team to identify and maximize title-specific promotional opportunities and grow revenues with a focus on key retail partners
- Lead the development and execution of retail promotions & retail specific products based on business objective and retail partnership metrics and forecasting. This includes overseeing all aspects of execution and coordination including strategy, premium sourcing, partner negotiation, movie cash, special deliverables, etc.
- Oversee Digital Budget Allocations for Retail Tagging, in coordination with Home Entertainment Media Team
- Manage annual affiliate advertising budgets in collaboration with Home Entertainment Media Team, including contractual marketing commitments, in-store media, cable provider buys, and digital advertising
- Follow up on key opportunities, develop plans, and work with Retail Marketing and support teams to execute.
- Communicate plans with International Team and include additional territories in planning when applicable. Spearhead global promotions when applicable.
- Ensure key placement, higher frequent of customer awareness and sell through of products via creation of account specific point of purchase material.
- Work closely with brand marketing to ensure that all account specific programs are aligned with overall brand vision and strategic positioning.
- Summarize and recap key account promotions and accomplishments. Keep an annualized calendar for major partners for planning future promotions.
- Drive Marketing agenda points in preparation for partner meetings.
- Attend partner meetings, document key takeaways, draft meeting recap and distribute to larger Home Ent Marketing teams.
- Attend bi-weekly Marketing meetings as well as weekly Sales team meetings to effectively understand priorities and initiatives and communicate strategy back and forth.
- Communicate Brand initiatives and priorities to Sales and accounts.
- Maintain a high level of engagement and collaboration throughout all areas of Lionsgate and seek out partnerships with other segments, including Lifecycle Consumer Promotions/Brand Partnerships and Interactive Games in order to generate opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Explore new and emerging technologies, platforms and consumer trends for education and first-to-market opportunities (e.g. VR/AR, 4K/UHD, Hulu Life)
- Oversee projects as it relates to key account base including key title recaps, storefront checks, post mortems, weekly PoS reporting, ad hoc reporting and projects as needed
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of experience working in Retail Marketing, Marketing or EST/TVOD Sales related field, specifically within a Home Entertainment environment. Studio level experience preferred; and/or training; and or/ a combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field.
- Passionate, energetic individual who has demonstrated knowledge of keeping up with fast-paced retail environment.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented and display strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to go above-and-beyond without being asked, eliciting critical thinking with recommendations for process and strategy improvements
- Project management with attention to detail, highly organized, imaginative with ability to articulate concepts.
- Experience collaborating with internal teams such as Brand Marketing, Sales Planning, Creative Services and Operations.
- Possess highly creative and innovative capabilities.
- Ability to present to business partners and upper level management.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Excel Word & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with all Home Entertainment Distribution types, including EST, TVOD, SVOD, AVOD, Packaged Media and Non-Theatrical
- Widespread knowledge of the film and TV industry and an enthusiast for film and TV content (both current and historical)
- A confident and professional written and phone demeanor is a must
- Travel required.