Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is currently seeking a full-time Social Media Manager to support social media and digital publicity in the Home Entertainment & Digital Distribution department. As the Social Media Manager, you’ll be a primary point of contact for social media agencies and work cross-functionally with Publicity, Digital Marketing and Creative Services to develop, implement, and optimize integrated strategies across the entire film slate and catalog.
Must be a creative, yet analytical thinker with experience in managing and executing plans with internal and external stakeholders including agencies, talent, and production teams. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and love of pop culture and the internet at large.
- Develops overall organic social media campaign strategy and calendar for all film titles, talent, and Lionsgate Home Entertainment brand channels
- Primary point of contact for social media agencies, managing their day to day operations; sourcing/producing, ancillary content such as quizzes, polls, sweepstakes, UGC, etc.; and fostering engagement with our social communities
- Works cross-functionally with Publicity, Digital Marketing, and Creative Services teams
- Manages social media platform partnerships, influencer relations and community outreach
- Produce content for live events such as red carpet premieres, press junkets and festival activations
- Post boosting as needed to increase reach, working with Media team to test and determine target audiences
- Liaise directly with Theatrical team to ingest film social accounts and disseminate access to other partners as needed.
- Work with other Studio departments to maximize support of marketing efforts socially, including promotional partners, brands, consumer products, etc.
Experience & Skills:
- 5 years of related experience at an entertainment studio or agency
- Fluency in social media platforms and tools – Facebook, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, analytics tools, etc.
- A passion for entertainment, emerging technology and community engagement.
- Outstanding project management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration and/or communication preferred
- Familiarity with current best practices for increasing reach and growing follower count on social media.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite a plus, but not required.
- YouTube Certification a plus, but not required.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.