Summary of Position:
Lionsgate TV seeks a Director level person experienced in post-production to join the Television Team at LIONSGATE. The Director, Post Production will help oversee all aspects of the Lionsgate’s vast TV landscape from Scripted to Reality TV and in the ever evolving internet/digital platforms. The Director, Post Production will be based in Santa Monica and report to the Senior Vice President, Television Post Production at Lionsgate.
The Director, Post Production will be responsible for all aspects of post production including planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, creating all preliminary post schedules, delivery, network interaction, creating new department manuals and procedures. S/he will be responsible for ensuring all post production aspects are on time and on budget. In addition to helping to manage the day-to-day operations, the Director, Post Production will work closely with the creative team, ensuring the best possible post production process with all parties. S/he will employ the help of freelance talent and should have an extensive list of contacts they can utilize on a project basis. Specifically, The Director, Post Production will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Senior Vice President of Post Production on all aspects of TV Post Production.
- Communicate internally to Senior Vice President of Post Production any issues that might arise that would affect delivery or costs for the shows.
- Create post-production budgets and schedules for pilots/series/MOW’s/Reality to review and assess with Vice President Television Post Production.
- Work with the show post staff to get elements to other departments (Publicity, Promo, International, DVD, etc.) as needed prior to delivery of final elements.
- Working closely with the Lionsgate creative team to ensure the Lionsgate vision is being realized through quality post production.
- Help overseeing post production and developing effective procedures and systems to keep our TV productions running smoothly for Lionsgate and their Producing Partners.
- Help staffing up as necessary for shows assigned to them.
- Liaising with outside post production companies as needed on Lionsgate projects and co-productions.
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining post production budgets and reducing costs where possible.
- Constant daily contact with Show Post Production Staff, i.e. Associate Producers, Post Production Supervisors, Production Coordinators, Post P.A., Editors, Mix crew etc.
- Teaming with Production, Co-Productions and Acquisitions staff to help support any and all needs.
- Help to successfully negotiate deals with new post producers/post venders, post companies.
- Help Overseeing post production for both scripted and non-scripted productions.
- Continually monitoring all projects in progress with regard to timelines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
- Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology.
- Creating documents and manuals for internal and external distribution about current industry trends and Lionsgate TV department goals.
- Working closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide Lionsgate goals.
Experience & Skills:
The Director, Post Production should have experience in television post production with knowledge of all genres of television including 1 hour dramas, hour and half comedy’s, multi-cam, MOW, miniseries, reality programming, etc. This person must have experience as being a post production supervisor on a Television show or similar. Must have extensive experience creating post production budgets and post schedules for Television. S/he may currently be working at a major studio, a production company, or at a cable or broadcast network in the television post Production area. S/he must have demonstrated success in planning and overseeing projects, working with outside vendors, extensive contacts, and the ability to cope with change. Post Production budgeting and schedule creating experience is required as well as the following:
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail which will ensure the post production process runs smoothly and efficiently.
- The ability to appreciate different points of view, yet wholeheartedly embrace the culture of Lionsgate TV.
- A strong understanding of the television post production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds for TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, Editors Guild etc.
- Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
- A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming Lionsgate Produces.
- Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
- Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
- A high energy level and the ability to manage through a period of change and growth.
- The ability to work at the strategic level as well as to help operate day-to-day activities.
- Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Team building skills that develop people to their fullest potential.
- Excellent communications and relationship skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired or equivalent work experience.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.