Title: Program Manager-Elder Abuse Program's MDTs
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Elder Abuse
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: 07
Advances strategic initiatives and provides programmatic and managerial oversight to the day-to-day operations of the NYC Elder Abuse Center's Multidisciplinary Teams.
- Responsible for the development and execution of strategic plan(s).
- Provides leadership and direction for staff and ensures performance goals are set and met.
- Prepares, reviews and/or edits project materials and reports.
- Oversees project expenditures. Manages budget development, planning and reporting. Identifies funding opportunities and develops/write proposals and grants.
- As needed, manages the funding source contracts and required reporting. Negotiates consultant contracts and drafts agreements.
- Provides outreach, training, marketing and partnership development in order to establish a system for collaborative referrals, consultations and services, as well as improve service provisions to victims.
- Participates in the interview process to screen potential candidates and makes hiring decisions.
- Responsible for distributing and monitoring staff assignments.
- Creates, monitors and communicates team goals.
- Manages staff disciplinary issues. Escalates to the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Responsible for training staff in departmental policies and procedures and systems.
- Monitors staff performance and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Attends and participates in professional development activities and elder abuse network meetings and events. Represents NYCEAC at community meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings as needed
- Performs other job related duties as required.
- Master's Degree in related field
Approximately 7 years in a senior management position within a nonprofit organization, foundation or government agency
Knowledge of elder abuse and aging; familiarity with NYC’s elder abuse, aging and adult protective service systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Track record of delivering superior results, commanding respect and assuming leadership roles.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and kindness.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple constituents.
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to discuss ideas without ego interfering.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about NYCEACâs mission and impact
- Self-starter, self-disciplined
- Organized, detail oriented
- Ability to remain focused in the face of pressure, deliver against timelines and not be intimidated by tasks/time limitations
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.