This position works as part of a dynamic team that implements, maintains and supports custom applications. The team member will provide development support for multiple applications. They will work closely with many areas of the business to meet ongoing organizational and customer informational needs.
- Applies comprehensive or advanced knowledge base to develop software applications.
- Works independently and completes assignments that are reviewed at milestones to ensure compliance with processes, standards and policies of the organization.
- May mentor or coach lower level employees.
- Participates in projects and may be a technical or project lead in some aspects of a project.
- Assist in defining software development project plans; including scoping, scheduling and implementation.
- Liaises with Business Analysts and Network/System Administrators to assist in resolving problems with software products & systems.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages & standards in support of procurement & development efforts.
- Standardize the quality assurance procedure for software applications.
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance and/or review the work of consultant development teams.
- Responsible for project based initiatives, i.e. system modifications and upgrades.
- Onsite in Perry, OK with flexibility to work remotely as projects allow.
- Office environment, with occasional trips to the plant.
- Regular, continuous use of a personal computer.
- Typical work days of up to 9 hours, with rapidly changing workloads, priorities, and deadlines which may require an extended work schedule.
- Occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and minimum of 3+ years related experience preferred. In lieu of bachelor’s degree, 9+ years of related experience required.
- Comprehensive or advanced knowledge typically acquired over several years of experience in a specific area.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software along with the knowledge of different computer languages.
- Experience with XML and XML schemas
- Experience with relational database concepts and design, writing SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers in MS SQL Server
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming and common software design patterns.
- Experience with the following technologies: Ruby on Rails, .Net, jave, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.