Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Provides interior design of tile and stone to current and prospective customers to facilitate customer experience and influence sales/purchasing decision. Serves as a key liaison within the design and architectural community, working alongside Sales Reps, Arch Reps and Managers, to drive specifications and sales.
Major Function and Scope:
- Provides interior design advice, where applicable utilizing Auto-CAD Project Management, helps with tile and stone selection, and project development/support ensuring the completion of selection/sales for customers, including Architects, Designer, Builders, Remodelers, as well as walk-in customers (homeowners & end users).
- Effectively communicates the selections back to our “direct” customers and associated team members, when appropriate, to ensure tracking/follow up and closing of all aspects of the sales transactions.
- Keeps the showroom samples stocked, maintains supply and distribution, and executes shipping and receiving activities for showroom samples, merchandise and displays. Maintains contact with suppliers/locally sourced vendors, to keep current on dessign and product options and works with Marketing for proper merchandising of showroom, including new product launches and drops.
- Makes outside sales calls as needed and follows up on leads to grow and drive business. Logs all client visits, contact information, and detailed customer preference and selection notes, in CMT.
- Plans and hosts showroom tours and small and large events for architects, designers, builders, and customers, to drive customer sales. Will attend outside trade events to immerse in the Design/Architectural community
Experience and Knowledge
- Associates degree + 2 years related experience, or Bachelor’s degree preferred. If no degree, minimum of 4 years of experience in the tile industry and/or retail sales, in the interior design/home improvement industry.
- Customer service skills, PC kills (use of Auto-CAD, MSWord, Excel and Power Point), color coordination and design skills; knowledgeable of product lines, interior design trends, and customer buying habits.
- Trained in color and design application. Must have basic drawing/sketching skills and ability to think creatively and understand how to read blue prints and plans. Good time management, presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively interact with team members, management, and other internal and external customers to build positive interpersonal relationships with various business partners.
- Ability to approach unfamiliar situations and conceptualize a range of creative and imaginative solutions with ease, using creativity skills to document and sell them to client.
Other Pertinent Job Information
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. The associate is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate may be required to sometimes sit, climb or balance. The associate may lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures. The noise level is usually loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.