PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 600 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., and Shanghai. PopCap's games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.
As Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for managing and representing Product Management within PopCap Games. You must be passionate about, and represent the voice and needs of, our customers and partners within PopCap games. Together with the game teams you will drive world-class features that embody the quality of PopCap Games and services. The ideal candidate should have strong management skills, including the ability to drive analytical rigor in decision making and demonstrating strong business acumen.
PopCap creates timeless entertainment enjoyed by everyone, everywhere. Their irresistible quirkiness engenders love and adoration from consumers and critical acclaim from the media. Our measurement of success is to dazzle our customers with the highest quality fun in the games industry, bar none. The Director of Product Management must understand, embrace and help guide a team to execute on that vision with every decision.
· Manage and mentor team of product managers within PopCap
· Formulate business cases and roadmaps for new features and/or products
· Provide analysis and long term strategic thinking to direct product development roadmap
· Establish and drive KPI’s and targets for games and features
· Work with development and production teams to manage features and functionality in order to support vision and plan
· Work with analytics to understand metrics and use them to drive decision-making about the future of the product
· Work with game and business analysts to forecast, monitor, and report on game services
· Drive evaluation and development of AEM best practices within the label
· Collaborate with other labels at EA to analyze strategies, communicate key product findings and share best practices
· Drive competitive reviews of external games and features
Required Skills/Personal Requirements:
· 10+ years of experience working in product management
· Understanding and clear knowledge of the social and freemium games marketplace
· Experience managing cross functional teams
· Line management experience working closely with creative development teams to drive product strategy
· Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Passion/Enthusiasm for casual games and the game products
Education and/or Certifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, or similar
· Masters of Business Administration preferred