Grass Valley is a global leader in hardware and software solutions that make television happen. We’re focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. We provide the innovative tools – cameras, instant replay, signal management and more – to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses.
Grass Valley is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
The Services and Support Engineer performs tasks associated with providing technical support and field services to Grass Valley’s customers and internal field engineers via phone, remote access tools, or onsite as necessary. This position provides professional services, including product commissioning, solution implementation, training, system maintenance, and problem troubleshooting. This position is best suited in Denver, CO but will require travel and an after-hours tech support rotation.
- Works with call center to identify/verify customer issues, and determine proper handling including warranty, Service Agreement, billable hours or goodwill.
- Understands and evaluates customer issues to determine if escalation is necessary and if so, clearly identifies & documents the problem including steps to reproduce the issue.
- Works cross functionally to resolve performance issues and defects within Grass Valley hardware and software products. Such resolution routinely requires analysis of complex systems and customer use cases, and in some instances may require escalation and coordination with other groups within Grass Valley.
- Listens to customer to understand and evaluate reported issues then clearly identifies the problem for the internal audience and documents steps to reproduce problem.
- Participates in the ON-CALL Rotation within assigned product group.
- Follows prescribed professional services plan while at the customer facility, which may include a formal project plan developed by a Grass Valley project manager, standard product commissioning checklists, training curriculum, or problem troubleshooting guidance provided by the supervisor, peers, and/or R&D.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five years’ experience in technical IT support; experience in the broadcast and video production industry preferred.
- BS/AA in technical fields a plus.
- Excellent IT background and knowledge, including Windows Server and SQL.
- Experience with Service Installation of complex IT and Broadcast Systems.
- Technical Experience on a variety of broadcast equipment and workflows including, but not limited to: Video Routers, Multiviewers, Encoders, Multiplexes, Modulators, Transcoders, Video and Audio probes. Video over IP, Monitoring iControl solutions, configuring complete Windows/Linux-based video systems, advance computer network, file-based workflows, digital video compression formats, non-linear editing, RAID storage, and server virtualization.
- Flexibility to easily adapt to customer needs including travel or adaptation to schedule changes.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to clearly document and analyze customer issues.
- Ability to deal with demanding customers in live broadcast environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customer personnel at all levels, including executive management. Such communication, whether by phone, email, or in person, must maintain diplomacy while presenting technical information in a clear manner.
• Grass Valley thrives on collaboration with a diverse, global team developing cutting-edge software, hardware and service solutions that provide a rewarding customer life-cycle experience;
• Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment;
• Grass Valley is made up of fun, dynamic people dedicated to performance and teamwork;
• Grass Valley is transforming — creating innovative new products and opportunities for employees to serve customers' changing needs.
Join an industry leader bringing state-of-the-art products, software and solutions to the broadcast industry.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.