GCC Location: Redfield, SD
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Directs production, distribution and operations for branch plant, or assigned territory of organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
- Professionally answers the phone, takes orders from customers, schedules deliveries and batches concrete.
- Positively supervises and motivates truck driver deliver fleet, and plant operator and/or yard attendant if any. Evaluates and mentors job performances, strengthens employee morale, to maximize personnel skills and to optimize quality and quantity of production.
- Demonstrates and communicates high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with other company representatives and sales staff.
- Creates and fosters the entrepreneurial spirit by generating revenues, controlling expenditures to maximize the profits for the plant, region and company.
- Prepares timely company reports, timecards/timesheets and starts invoice process. Documents employee behavior, both positive and negative, and responds proactively in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains housekeeping tasks of plant office and premises to conform to company and legal safety standards.
- Performs all duties assigned by company management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be computer literate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of organization. Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Confined spaces
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: High voltage
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.