Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. (PCLI), located in Mississauga, Ontario is seeking a temporary full-time Regulatory Advisor, Global Product Labelling. Reporting to Senior Advisor, Regulatory Affairs, the Regulatory Advisor, Global Product Labelling position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining knowledge of the legislation associated with lubricants and process oils. As well, providing expert advice and services in order to ensure our product labels are in compliance in Canada, US and other countries in the world where Petro-Canada products are sold (including Europe, Asia and South America).
This position is not eligible for International Relocation Program benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by the applicable disability act)
- Coordinate label development, approval, and release to production for all current and new products globally. Work with Marketing and Research & Development (R&D) staff to ensure content is correct and displayed as desired
- Advise production regarding inventory control and ensure an audit process to confirm label changes are implemented on a timely basis
- Research and advise on new requirements for entering new markets
- Interpret regulatory requirements, provide input into regulatory strategic planning, meet timelines for new product launches, and ensure that regulatory requirements are met in support of existing commercial products within Health Canada and US FDA jurisdictions
- Organize and facilitate meetings to maintain progress of projects. Tracks critical attributes of projects to ensure accountability and efficiency
- Respond to questions from customers and regulatory authorities; and collaborate with the business teams on the identification and management of regulatory and stewardship issues
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- Product safety experience in a chemical or related industry
- Regulatory experience is preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
- College diploma in chemistry or a related field is required
PREFERRED EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or a related field is preferred
- Knowledgeable in registrations with NSF and Health Canada
- Good understanding of International Committee on Harmonization published guidelines
- Competent in interpreting and advising on legislation associated with the lubricants and process oils: ability to work with a variety of stakeholders whose needs, demands and expectations may be difficult to determine, and may change frequently, without notice
- Good problem solving skills and ability to represent complex technical and business issues and interact both internally (across Lubricants) and externally (regulators and legislators, industry peers, industry associations, and subject matter experts)
- Strong communications skills (written and oral) are required to effectively position complex industry issues with external stakeholders. Effective listening skills are a necessary complement to communications skills
- Mentoring skills are required to educate internal stakeholders on complex issues spanning over traditional facility and departmental boundaries
- High degree of adaptability required for working with external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of government practices and workings, as well as related regulatory and legislative processes
- The ability to develop effective internal and external networks is essential
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of safety, health, environmental and transportation legislation in Canada, US, Europe, Asia and South America
- Familiar with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000
- This is an office based role with infrequent business travel
- Potential stress of dealing with project deadlines and regulatory investigations
- This is a temporary full-time contract for approximately one year in length
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; we care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About Petro-Canada Lubricants
Petro-Canada Lubricants blends and packages more than 350 different lubricants, specialty fluids and greases that are exported to more than 80 countries on six continents. Petro-Canada Lubricants specializes in products and services proven to maximize equipment performance, productivity and overall savings. From heavy duty engine oils to hydraulic fluids, automatic transmission fluids and gear oils and greases – Petro-Canada Lubricants is committed to delivering innovative solutions that deliver value and keep your business moving.
Join Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc. where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day ("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000 bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc., whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy Partners, L.P.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.