The Learning House, Inc. a Wiley Brand, helps people improve their lives through education. As an Academic Program Manager, we offer a full suite of education services, including: Online Program Management (OPM), Corporate Solutions, The Software Guild, Learning House International, and Advancement Courses. Built on a foundation of data-driven decision-making, thorough market research, and robust technology services, Learning House is focused on delivering high-quality, relevant just-in-time education services to meet the needs of a dynamic, global market. Through its partnerships, Learning House helps universities acquire more students, produce more graduates, and deliver better outcomes and helps companies attract, develop, and retain a happier, more skilled workforce.
The Teaching Assistant assists with the overall student experience in the classroom and is tasked with a variety of duties including pair programming with apprentices, code reviews, feedback, and giving extra attention to those apprentices who need it. The Teaching Assistant occasionally handles primary lecture duties.
- Desired: Bachelors/Masters
- Minimum: High school diploma/GED
- 3 years of experience in software development in one of the two stacks we teach: Microsoft .NET (C#/ASP .NET/SQL Server) or Java (Java/Spring/MySQL).
- Must be able to work a mixture of face to face and out of home hours from 3:30PM-9:00PM, Monday-Friday
- Assist Instructors in the class and during open office hours
- Utilize a proven curriculum to guide aspiring developers towards entry level capabilities in an accelerated timeframe
- Possess a clear vision with innovative solutions to teaching software development
- Work with a compassionate leadership team who will always be honest, transparent, and direct
- Analyze data and feedback consistently to ensure the curriculum is up to date
- Create a game plan for the expansion outcomes that are necessary for success
- Design outcomes for graduates and track their progress
- Help recruit other like-minded instructors who care about building the next generation of software developers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to emphasize and demonstrate the meta-skills and core concepts of professional software development
- High level of empathy, patience, and an ability to encourage students who are struggling, provide additional challenges to students who are excelling, and always provide and encourage open and honest communication
- Prior experience with training/mentorship is a plus
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that the employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, walk and stand.
Work Environment: This job is performed in a general office environment with standard office equipment available. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.