GCC Location: Odessa, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Carry out tasks outlined under main responsabilities.
- Responsible to Maintenance Supervisors and/or Leadman for mechanical repair of plant equipment.
- Performing the necessary mechanical repairs, lubrication, and inspections relative to cement plant operations.
- Making new equipment and machinery installations.
- Assisting electricians with motor installations.
- Assuring safety requirements are followed at all times.
- Performing housekeeping duties needed to keep tools, equipment, and work areas clean, orderly and safe.
- Other duties assigned.
- Normally a day shift
- Required to work overtime as necessary
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working in an industrial environment.
- Ability to properly and efficiently perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to correctly use measuring devices required to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, sketches, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Ability to operate oxy-acetylene and electrical welding and cutting equipment to satisfactorily weld or cut all types of metal in any positions, which will be determined by standard evaluation.
- Ability to properly make necessary motor and equipment alignments.
- Ability to inspect, lubricate and make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Must have good written and oral communication, interpersonal and troubleshooting skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically fit and capable of climbing ladders, walking for several hours.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, sit, use hand to handle or touch/feel/manipulate items, reach with hands and arms, climb and/or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to frequently lift more than 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: High voltage
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
Physical Demand: Very Heavy
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.