Career Opportunities: PROCESS ENGINEER (4158)
Req Id 4158 - Posted 04/10/2019
Evaluate manufacturing processes and make recommendations for improvements to optimize performance. Work as a member and leader of various audit teams to ensure the most effective results are produced by the group. Perform on-going research and evaluation of equipment, processes, and techniques used externally in the cement industry and in other industries for purposes of determining performance benchmarks and best practices.
- Organize and facilitate audit team efforts to effectively evaluate and optimize major production equipment systems including kilns, preheaters, grinding mills, crushers and plant services.
- Perform necessary calculations and analyses to convert field data from the manufacturing process, into coherent and comprehensive energy and material balances. Lead team in the recommendations of opportunities for process improvements. Assist plant CI teams in the implementation of those improvements.
- Perform internal and external benchmarking of key manufacturing process. Develop best practices manual from benchmarking findings. Perform on-going searches of manufacturing practices that could provide insight for internal improvements.
- Work with the raw materials and fuel group on sources and process effects of process input changes. Make recommendations on material source selection.
- Participate as a team leader with the global maintenance steering committee. Organize and facilitate regular meetings of the maintenance team(s). Suggest key subject for group focus, compile group input, and generate reports with findings and recommendations.
- Perform ad hoc performance analyses of various company assets. Implement process improvements for efficiency, output and safety of the manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
- Work closely with the plant’s quality control team to optimize raw material proportioning.
- Work with the environmental teams in the selection and optimization of plant equipment and instrumentation to help ensure compliance with applicable regulations, permits and initiatives.
- Work with the company engineering group in the determination of process equipment selection for capital projects. Assist in post-audit evaluation of capital projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline from a reputable university. Emphasis and preference for Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience. Experience in rotary kiln manufacturing a plus.
- Cement processing experience
- Self-motivated, hands-on individual with keen interest in quickly learning and applying new skills who can follow written/verbal instructions and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Able to work within a team environment with the ability to positively effect other members of the team.
- Experience with heat and material balances of manufacturing process.
- Ability work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Good written and verbal communication.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
WC: High voltage
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Office environment
WC: Wet & humid