Career Opportunities: LOADER OPERATOR RM (4167)
Req Id 4167 - Posted 03/12/2019
Responsible for ensuring raw materials are properly received, stored, and loaded for production. Also responsible for performing routine maintenance on plant equipment and ensuring that the yard area is properly maintained and organized.
- Ensure that the concrete plant and related equipment is operating properly at all times; inspect plant for greasing and check oil fluid levels; grease and oil as required; keep plant and equipment clean and free of excess material; ensure all material handling equipment is working.
- Prepares equipment for plant startup each morning.
- Observes incoming raw materials to ensure required specifications are met.
- Operates from end loader to unload raw materials and place in proper storage bins.
- Retrieves appropriate material with front end loader according to specifications given by the batch operator and load material in proper bin for processing.
- Maintain proper levels of aggregates and admixtures; notify plant manager of impending shortages on a timely basis; keep hoppers full of aggregates.
- Treat customers and inspectors courteously at all times.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times; wear uniform.
- Keep equipment and plant site neat and clean at all time; wash outside of the plant and equipment whenever necessary; maintain plant grounds; pick up trash, etc. from grounds; make sure all equipment is in its proper place.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner at all times; wear all required safely equipment; follow all safety guidelines; performs all pre and post trip inspections; fill out inspection reports daily; notify the Maintenance Division immediately of any potential or current safety problems.
- Follow all environmental regulations; clean up any excess material which would cause environmental problems; operate reclaimer.
- Assist plant manager in batching and other duties as necessary.
- Assist plant manager and dispatch in truck/driver communications.
- Perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the plant manager, which may include, but is not limited to, cleaning up around the plant, picking up equipment or supplies, transporting company mail, training another employee, and filling in for an absent employee.
- Must have experience and training in operating a loader.
- Must have at least one year experience as a plant maintenance laborer.
- Experience with general or routine maintenance tasks
- Ability to safely operate a front-end loader.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instruction and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read, write, and distinguish colors.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: High voltage