GCC Location: Odessa, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
The Automation Technician will perform instrumentation activities pertaining to automation, reliability standards, inspection, preventive maintenance, and continuous improvement. This position has responsibility and oversight of all mining related systems (process control system, automated systems, network/IT support and miner tracking system).
- Inspects, tests, adjusts, repairs and updates mine process control system to ensure continuous operations and compliance (MSHA guidelines, National Electrical Codes, etc.).
- Perform advance troubleshooting of instrumentation and automated systems, detects abnormalities and performs repairs.
- Planning and oversight, installation & maintenance of process control projects & improvements
- Prepares and maintains all schematic and control drawings, sketches, and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems.
- Maintain plant process control system including PLC programs and HMI screens for the plant
- Support Automated Lab system, including human-machine interface and PLC’s (hardware and software)
- Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles, and cleans instruments, and replaces defective parts.
- Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in system.
- Acts as an liaison between the plant control system and the IT (Information Technology) Department
- Advises and consults with Maintenance Manager on abnormal operations, production, quality control, schedules and maintenance problems.
- Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards, with the support and supervision of Maintenance Manager and makes necessary adjustments. .
- Support the Business Units with the plant process control system, reviewing equipment start sequences and equipment interlocking, alarm and shutdown set points
- Create work requests, enter time in work orders, and look up spare parts and inventory.
- Comply with state and federal health and safety regulations, company policies and procedures and the company's environmental compliance policy. Company policies may include: lockout/tag out policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process.
- Associate Degree or higher in electronics or automation or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years’ experience with programming, troubleshooting and debugging of industrial components and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability in diagnosing and modifying electrical, electronic and automation failures.
- Demonstrated ability with plant control systems such as ECS, citectScada, PlantPX and RsView32 and able to move data from PLC’s to control systems.
- Experience with machine control systems, i.e., PLC programing, Ladder logic, Allen Bradley, ABB, Rosemount, etc.
- Experience with communications / networking with Modbus, Ethernet, devicenet and controlnet
- Interpersonal skills: Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment, and the ability to work under pressure and changing situations.
- Team work: Ability to work well with others and be self-directed, as well as apply creative solutions.
- Technical: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts (such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutation, probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry).
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Confined spaces
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: High voltage
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.