GCC Location: Trident Plant, Three Forks, MT
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer promotes safety and environmentally sound practices within the maintenance department through analysis of equipment failures for root causes, proposal of corrective actions, preparation of failure analysis reports and maintenance of the reliability control database on equipment success and failure history.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, implement and drive reliability best practices for our operation
- Conduct Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) studies to identify any operational risks and inefficiencies, and to support and propose changes in equipment design and operation.
- Support development and refinement of equipment Bill of Material and spares optimization levels with the associated software.
- Support development and refinement of Equipment Preventive Maintenance Routines, optimization of their schedules, and analysis of their effectiveness.
- Manage modification projects for equipment reliability improvements as required.
- Participate in annual budgeting process; providing input on key maintenance activities and projects.
- Assist with maintenance planning and supervision of plant outages.
- Supervise maintenance technicians as required.
- Provide leadership in administering and adhering to company’s safety, environmental and quality policies
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proven technical proficiency and the ability to translate technical information to non- technical staff.
- Able to facilitate the collaboration of employees in focused teams.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Make sound decisions based on a thorough analysis of available data/information, and follows up on critical issues.
- Able to clearly convey information and ideas to individuals or groups.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or work environment.
- Initiate action to achieve goals beyond what is required, is innovative and cost and safety conscious in approach to process improvement.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency for area of responsibility and the ability to translate technical information to non-technical staff.
Other Related Experiences Required or Preferred
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment preferred
- Comprehensive personal computer software knowledge required; including AutoCAD, Solidworks, and Microsoft Office tools is preferred
- Experience in cement industry is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Supervisory experience is preferred
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.