GCC Location: Rapid City, SD
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
The individual will learn to monitor and assist in the maintenance the equipment in the kilns or raw and finish mills.
- Performs clean-up and housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Maintains visual surveillance of the equipment and process and reports conditions to the Control Room Operator or Supervisor that may be detrimental to the safety of the personnel, equipment, process or environment.
- Assist Control Room personnel in making adjustments and minor repairs to the equipment in other areas when instructed by the Supervisor or requested by the Control Room Operator.
- Assist with repairs or maintenance projects as required
- Will maintain a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, perform daily housekeeping of assigned area, perform daily workplace inspections, adhere to plant policies and proper use of plant radios.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules and plant safety procedures.
- Will work where and when needed as directed by plant supervisory personnel to meet plant needs.
- Assist as needed in the following activities:
- Checks the oil in the loesche mill rolls and in the hydraulic spring systems.
- Observe the operation of the equipment in the raw roller mill building, raw material silos and conveyor systems and raw blend and kiln feed system areas
- Lubricates equipment in the raw roller mill, raw material feed and raw blend systems as scheduled, required or instructed.
- Performs maintenance, minor repairs and refractory repairs as required or as instructed by the Supervisor or requested by the Control Room Operator.
- Regularly inspects water spray lances on downcomer and alkali bypass
- Regularly inspects the operation of the dust collectors in the areas of responsibility for proper operation.
- 7. Check the tipping valves and lances the preheater in areas where it is needed.
- Ability to read and interpret product manuals, technical guides, MSD sheets.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Must have mathematical skills equivalent to a high school.
- Good physical condition as position may require bending, kneeling, walking, standing, climbing, stairs and lifting; high degree of manual dexterity and coordination and good eye/hand coordination.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.