GCC Location: Pueblo, CO
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Provide field and technical support in mining environmental and geological projects, including geotechnical site inspections and investigations, environmental site assessments, drilling, logging, sampling and testing quality/purity and analysis. This position is responsible for ensuring a solid partnership between Land Management and Mining and agreement of activities (beginning with permitting through final reclamation).
- Optimize performance, reduce operating costs, and improve environmental regulatory compliance in the areas of raw materials search, evaluation, Carlson implementation, mining plans, quality control, reserves and assist in quarry operation when needed.
- Apply all branches of geologic knowledge to conditions that affect exploration, planning, design, construction, operation, and safety to engineering projects.
- Assisting in the evaluation and implementation of mining environmental investigations and remediation projects, when needed.
- Prepares detailed field reports and maps, interprets research and exploration data, and recommends further study or action.
- Technical geological and mining engineering. Creates and maintains technical documents (field logs, health and safety documentation, work plans, environmental investigation reports, remedial designs, etc.).
- Sample and tests mineral quality and purity to determine feasibility of mining.
- Provide information required for the mining feasibility study for new and existing properties, which is critical for mining and acquisition.
- Partner with the Technical Services department to test and quality raw materials and ensure proper product.
- Participate as a member of the GCC Environmental and Safety Committee, when needed.
- Execute specific defined tasks in accordance with industry standard practice or government regulations such as US EPA, CERCLA, RCRA, etc., when needed.
- BS in Geology, Geological Engineering required.
- Minimum of five years of relative work experience is required.
- Working knowledge of MSHA regulations, MSHA training (24 hours)[SP1]
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Satisfactory written skills for field notes and technical reports.
- Position involves regular travel to potential and existing mining properties 33% of the time.
- Position involves shift work and overtime as needed
- Knowledge of Carlson, Surpac or Vulcan software, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Conversational Spanish is desired.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Office environment
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: High voltage
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
Physical Demand: Medium
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.