Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Why Gallo Glass?
Gallo Glass, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art highly-innovative glass manufacturer committed to meeting the needs of its customers while minimizing its impact on the environment. The largest glass plant on the West Coast and the only glass plant in the world solely dedicated to the wine and spirits industry, Gallo Glass is a family owned and operated company. Running 24 hours a day 365 days a year, the plant turns 1500 tons of molten glass from natural raw materials all sourced in California, into 2 million bottles per day. Come see for yourself and join Gallo Glass: California Pure
As Senior Human Resources Representative you’ll be responsible for driving the implementation of actions and processes that keep our HR initiatives and processes moving forward. You’ll develop a collaborative relationship with Gallo Glass employees that foster growth and contribute to our award winning culture. In addition, you’ll partners with HR services areas (Talent Acquisition and Compensation) to fill open job requisitions and ensure fair and equitable pay.
What You Will Do
Organizational Strategy / Management
- Partner with leadership team members to assess the effectiveness of the organization’s leadership, communication, and organizational design and implementation.
- Partner with HR leadership and senior leadership to develop functional /commercial objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM’s) that drive business strategy
- Facilitate organizational discussions (e.g. employee movement, department re-organizations., organizational structure and existing organizational capabilities).
- Provide expert knowledge in developing and implementing solutions designed to address the needs and issues of internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with HR leadership to administer the Human Resources Planning/Functional Succession Planning (HRP) processes; ensures integration of HRP into performance management and staffing decisions for high potential employees and senior management.
- Suggest new approaches, policies and procedures that effect continuous improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
Talent Management / Development
- Participate in recruitment efforts including writing job descriptions and job postings, participating in the interview process and offering suggestions / recommendations to hiring managers.
- Collaborate with the talent acquisition department, the compensation department and hiring managers to facilitate the job offer process.
- Conduct career coaching sessions; creates employee development plans and monitors the progress of the employee.
- Participate in the development and management of the corporate Performance Incentive Program (PIP) and the Annual Salary Planning process; collaborates with the compensation department to drive the program and process.
- Develop and deliver training courses for managers and employees.
- Participate in the management and implementation of the Performance Appraisal process and instructs leaders on how to handle performance issues (includes documentation assistance and legal review).
- Recommend changes to existing HR system dynamics.
- Perform investigations relating to employee issues and claims (hourly and salaried); makes recommendations on next steps and appropriate discipline; supports management high level investigations.
- Support the completion and processing of payroll as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Support corporate diversity initiatives to include community and educational involvement.
What You Need
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 9 years of human resources experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of resources generalist/representative experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or Psychology.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with unions.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting the most complex documents.
- Experience responding effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Experience effectively presenting information to customers, employees or management within an organization.
- Experience working on special projects.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication and customer service.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Experience engaging, inspiring, and influencing people.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position, now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Equal Opportunity Employer