GCC Location: Minot, ND
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Works in a cement distribution terminal loading and unloading cement from trucks and railcars to distribute to customers in the most efficient and cost effective manner. Individuals working in this position must assist in maintenance, repair, and replacing all machinery and equipment used in the operation of the terminal.
- Utilize computer and computer software to process and generate appropriate paperwork and communicate with main office.
- Unload cement from railcars, store and then load into trucks for distribution.
- Process all paperwork in connection with the distribution of cement such as invoices, bill of lading, cod's, ordering railcars, tracking and tracing rail cars or cement orders, weight tickets, load out tickets and ordering terminal supplies.
- Communicate with railroad, truck drivers, customers, order center, sales, and vendors to ensure cement is delivered on time and in the most cost effective manner.
- Load cement into trucks.
- Positions and blocks vehicles or rail cars by using track mobile to spot cars and set brakes.
- Positions spout, chute, and conveyor over or into rail car, truck, bin, or storage pile and opens slide in spout or chute to start flow of material into or from vehicles.
- Opens air valves, rail car side door, or car hopper door, starts conveyors, pneumatic conveyors, or elevators, and adjusts dampers to feed materials to specified designation.
- Collects cement sample and keep track of inventory.
- Vibrates hopper to facilitate flow into rail car or truck.
- Observes pressure gauges and adjusts valves to maintain specified pumping pressure.
- Records car identifying information such as weight and volume of material loaded and number of cars dumped or filled.
- Assist in maintenance and repair of all equipment and machinery used by the terminal in the distribution of cement including valves, augers, air compressors, vibrators, dust collectors, motor wrenches, boot lifts, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assist in welding and use of cutting torches to repair and maintain equipment.
- Operate equipment such as fork lift, track mobile or other mobile equipment used in operating the terminal.
- Help with diagnosing problems with machinery and recommend solutions.
- General housekeeping and grounds maintenance
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: High voltage
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.