GCC Location: Odessa, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul all mobile equipment. This position reports to the Mining Engineer and/or Raw Materials Manager.
- Develops and conducts preventive maintenance plan, to include daily inspections of machinery and equipment to assure adequacy and timeliness of necessary repairs.
- Tracks equipment hours and plans preventive maintenance for all equipment.
- Track equipment and availability
- Collects oil samples and monitors results
- Interpret manuals and troubleshooting guides as required to perform repairs.
- Create work orders and requisition parts in SAP
- Produce a monthly maintenance cost report
- Fill in as lead man as needed
- Safely performs repairs and maintenance on motorized and stationary equipment.
- Performs grounds keeping and minor building repairs.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair all mobile equipment
- Adhere to safety and regulatory compliance standards
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers, vendors and visitors.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience as a mobile or heavy equipment mechanic
- 3+ years machinery and heavy equipment maintenance experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Basic welding skills
- Basic fabrication and layout skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Basic math skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Physical Demand: Medium
WC: Mechanical hazards
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.