GCC Location: Tijeras, NM
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Under the direction of the laboratory supervisor or the shift supervisor the Quality Control Technician (QCT) performs tests on material in the production process to assure plant conformance to quality standards and compliance with the American Society of Testing Material and American Petroleum Institute requirements. Collects samples from various stages of production and perform chemical and physical tests on finished materials or any sample needed by the plant or lab.
- Collect samples from various plant resources at specified times and perform tests as required. Tests may include, but are not limited, size analysis, XRF analysis, XRD analysis, moisture, packset, LOI, and free lime titration.
- Enter accurate results in laboratory database.
- Perform unscheduled tests on miscellaneous materials as needed.
- Advise supervisor of unusual test results or results that don't meet specifications.
- Inform control room operators of process changes to assure quality standard.
- Operate compression machine and assist in Physical Test Lab as needed.
- Perform calculations, provide documentation, and communicate data.
- Learn Polab system; i.e. manual startup/shut down and be able to recognize and correct equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, perform daily housekeeping of assigned area, perform daily workplace inspections, and adhere to plant policies.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, lockout/tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process (via Waste Management Plan) for lubricants, paints/solvents and other environmentally sensitive materials.
- Ensure work performed meets department standards, participate in continuous improvement system, observe and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyze root cause failure.
- Work where and when needed as directed by plant supervisory personnel.
- High school education with emphasis on science.
- Good knowledge of chemical analysis.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, percentages.
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records.
- Must be able to work shifts, weekends, and holidays when needed as directed by the plants supervisory personnel.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
Physical Demand: Medium
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.