1) Pre-trip inspection of ready-mix truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations. Pre-trip inspection includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driver operated controls for loading and unloading ready-mix.
2) Fills water tank before each delivery by placing rubber hose into water tank and filling after checking that all valves are shut.
3) Upon receiving delivery ticket, driver pulls truck under or backs truck under plant (depending on plant configuration) and charges mixer to receive concrete, making sure to take any admixtures or other ancillary products that are on ticket.
4) Uses map book and experience and takes most direct route to job site to ensure on time delivery.
5) Safely drives truck to jobsite and arrives with the desired slump within customer or job specifications.
6) Upon arriving on jobsite, the driver must be able to safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions. Safe observations of customer's equipment and conditions.
7) Driver will add necessary ingredients such as fibers, chemical admixtures, cements, or integral colors at plant or jobsite, as well as other products.
8) Pursuant to customer needs, driver will place chutes from fender or hanging rack onto the main chute at the rear of truck for discharge. Upon completion of discharge, driver will wash the chutes and put back in appropriate location on truck.
9) Prior to leaving jobsite, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of moneys if necessary.
10) Upon completion of each shift, driver will wash truck with hose and brush, including the use of acidic solution when necessary.
11) Communicates with dispatch through the use of a two-way radio and the use of a truck status signaling system.
12) At the end of the shift, all paperwork must be completed and turned in.
13) Ready-mix driver is responsible to call callout each day for start time.
14) Each driver is expected to perform a post-trip inspection of truck pursuant to DOT regulations.
15) Performs other duties assigned by supervisor / management.