GCC Location: Odessa, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Under supervision of the Raw Materials Manager and/or Mining Engineer, the Driller will perform drilling operations; perform explosive handler duties with other operators.
- Ability to meet daily drilling footage requirements in order to meet plant production requirements.
- Drill and blast in plant and off-plant locations
- Maintain and service excavator, drill and hammer.
- Maintains various records with regard to, the number of feet drilled and the amount of fuel used and reporting of any voids encountered. Report on any conditions that would impact the quality of the blast. Keeps all required reports concerning drilling and blasting.
- Use of mobile equipment in the inspection and maintenance of the quarry face, removal of overburden in preparation of limestone deposit drilling, quarry bottom reclamation, overburden.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections of mobile equipment and directs preventive maintenance procedures through the work performed by the employees in the shop.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, safety procedures for plant mobile equipment, lockout/tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan proper containment and disposal process for lubricants, paints/solvents and other environmentally sensitive materials.
- Ability to operate all quarry equipment as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years drilling experience working in a mining environment or similar industry.
- Solid background and extensive knowledge of rock, Limestone, formations and quarry operations.
- Good computer knowledge
- Basic math skills
- Participate in high performance work environment.
- All duties required by blaster in charge
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee frequently stands, sits, climbs in and out of the loaders and trucks, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls, reaches with hands and arms, and lifts, loads, and pushes up to 50 pounds.
- The employee occasionally carries/lifts additives with a weight/force of 50 pounds.
- The employee occasionally carries/lifts and pushes laterally with a weight/force of 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently climbs a truck ladder.
- The employee minimally opens a truck hood with a weight/force of 35 pounds.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Office environment
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
Physical Demand: Heavy
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.