GCC Location: Bellingham, MN
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Responsible for ensuring raw materials are properly received, stored, and loaded for production. Also responsible for performing routine maintenance on plant equipment and ensuring that the yard area is properly maintained and organized.
- Ensure that the concrete plant and related equipment is operating properly at all times; inspect plant for greasing and check oil fluid levels; grease and oil as required; keep plant and equipment clean and free of excess material; ensure all material handling equipment is working.
- Prepares equipment for plant startup each morning.
- Observes incoming raw materials to ensure required specifications are met.
- Operates from end loader to unload raw materials and place in proper storage bins.
- Retrieves appropriate material with front end loader according to specifications given by the batch operator and load material in proper bin for processing.
- Maintain proper levels of aggregates and admixtures; notify plant manager of impending shortages on a timely basis; keep hoppers full of aggregates.
- Treat customers and inspectors courteously at all times.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times; wear uniform.
- Keep equipment and plant site neat and clean at all time; wash outside of the plant and equipment whenever necessary; maintain plant grounds; pick up trash, etc. from grounds; make sure all equipment is in its proper place.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner at all times; wear all required safely equipment; follow all safety guidelines; performs all pre and post trip inspections; fill out inspection reports daily; notify the Maintenance Division immediately of any potential or current safety problems.
- Follow all environmental regulations; clean up any excess material which would cause environmental problems; operate reclaimer.
- Assist plant manager in batching and other duties as necessary.
- Assist plant manager and dispatch in truck/driver communications.
- Perform any miscellaneous duties requested by the plant manager, which may include, but is not limited to, cleaning up around the plant, picking up equipment or supplies, transporting company mail, training another employee, and filling in for an absent employee.
- Must have experience and training in operating a loader.
- Must have at least one year experience as a plant maintenance laborer.
- Experience with general or routine maintenance tasks
- Ability to safely operate a front-end loader.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instruction and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read, write, and distinguish colors.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: High voltage
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.