Are you curious, organized and a team player? Are you a self-starter with a passion for advertising?
If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we previously were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
Cossette Vancouver is looking for a Strategist that will provide strategic leadership and guidance for our clients and internal teams. This individual must have a strong understanding of analytics, research, and be able to distil and present complex findings simply and accurately. You will work very collaboratively with team members from a variety of departments including Creative, Technology, and Accounts. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the human experience and creating connections between brands and customers in innovative new ways. You will be responsible for analyzing performance of key consumer touch points and identifying solutions.
Does this sound like you? Tell us how you will fit in.
About the Role:
- Research complex data from a variety of sources including but not limited to scholarly articles, news, social media, market reviews etc.
- Work to distil insights related to the brand, consumer and category
- Develop brand strategy and communications plans
- Work collaboratively with all departments (Creative, Accounts, Media and Technology)
- Develop strong ideas by being able to think critically and creatively simultaneously (considered a necessity day to day)
- Engage with the team and clients with an outgoing personality that will lend itself well to driving new business and expanding the scope of current projects
- Ability to evaluate creative materials to ensure it is aligned with the current strategy
- Improve processes by being analytical and effective in a problem-solving
- Identify new ideas by demonstrating a continual desire and capability to extend knowledge
- Extremely curious, passionate about ‘what’s next’
- Remain current on trends in the ad, marketing and tech world and other areas affecting the client’s business
- Post-secondary degree / diploma is preferred
- 2+ years experience working within a Strategist role
- 1+ year experience within an agency role or internship
- Be highly organized and a analytical thinker with strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Be a resourceful team player for whom no job is too small or too large
- Be a self-starter (think fast paced!)
- Have keen interest in the advertising/communications industry
- Demonstrate continual desire and capability to extend knowledge
If you love creating great advertising and can roll with the punches in this super fast paced environment, we’d love to hear from you!
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
- We offer the opportunity to work with leading industry clients and a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly.
- We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
- In order to foster this we offer:
- A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
- A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
- Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
- Opportunity to hone your ping-pong and pool skills.
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Take a look at our career website. Perhaps there is an opportunity that is waiting for you!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.