GCC Location: Rapid City, SD
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Under supervision of Shift Supervisor, the Utility III is an entry level position that monitors and maintains maximum function of equipment in the kilns or raw and finish mills.
- Performs clean-up and housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Maintains visual surveillance of the equipment and process and takes remedial action and/or reports conditions to the Control Room Operator or Supervisor that may be detrimental to the safety of the personnel, equipment, process or environment.
- Assist Control Room Operator in making adjustments and minor repairs to the equipment in other areas when instructed by the Supervisor or requested by the Control Room Operator.
- Assist with repairs or maintenance projects as required
- Will maintain a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, perform daily housekeeping of assigned area, perform daily workplace inspections, adhere to plant policies and proper use of plant radios.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, safety procedures for plant mobile equipment, lockout/tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process (via Waste Management Plan) for lubricants, paints/solvents and other environmentally sensitive materials.
- Ensure quality of work performed, participate in continuous improvement system, observe and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyze root cause failure.
- Will work where and when needed as directed by plant supervisory personnel to meet plant needs.
- Maintenance and mechanical background working with industrial type equipment and machinery.
- Ability to learn the monitoring and maintenance of the equipment in kilns 4, 5, and 6.
- Ability to learn the monitoring and maintenance of the equipment in the raw & finish mills.
- Ability to read and interpret product manuals, technical guides, MSD sheets.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Must have mathematical skills equivalent to a high school.
- Good physical condition as position may require bending, kneeling, walking, standing, climbing, stairs and lifting; high degree of manual dexterity and coordination and good eye/hand coordination.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
12 Hour Rotating Shifts
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.