GCC Location: El Paso, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Under limited supervision this position is responsible for receiving, transporting and delivering bulk products while complying with DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Operates long-haul truck and trailer equipment for bulk product transportation daily
- Operates auxiliary equipment as needed
- Check equipment daily to maintain efficient and safe operational use
- Maintains required driver logs, time and trip reports, vehicle inspection reports within company guidelines
- Plans routes according to state and federal laws pertaining to overweight and over-width loads
- Performs continuous loading and unloading duties frequently throughout shift
- GED or high school diploma required
- 1-2 years’ bulk driving experience desired
- Valid CDL A required
- Must be 25 years or older.
- Must meet the DOT required qualifications of driver according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
Lifting 100lbs. occasionally
Lifting 50lbs. frequently
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.