Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Responsible for developing and validating liquid chromatography (LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) methods in consultation with Medical/Scientific (MedSci) department. This role will also train resource technologists on methods and procedures related to liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry. As required, responsible for troubleshooting LC-MS instrumentation and all aspects of test procedures including sample preparation (extraction procedures).
This is a Mat Leave Replacement with a potential to transition into a full time position.
- In consultation with MedSci develop new tests (including sample preparation procedure) to meet quality, operational, business development needs
- In consultation with MedSci validate and implement new tests and instrumentation as appropriate
- Support Operations in instrument troubleshooting and repair to reduce instrument down time to a minimum
- Support design and optimization of workflow that is suitable for existing staff level and equipment state if required
- In consultation with MedSci and Ops develop SOPs and train staff on new assays, new instrumentation and new software
- Support operations including cataloguing of reagents, calibrators and controls as needed
- In consultation with IT, support design and maintenance of middleware program to facilitate results uploading and downloading
- Maintain knowledge of tests reported including theory, criteria for repeating and diluting samples, critical values, and test specific protocols
- Education: Post grad (minimum Masters)
- Experience and expertise in Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Clinical Laboratory experience and familiarity with CLSI guidelines an asset
- Knowledge of and hands on experience with LC-MS/MS instruments from different vendors and experience with small-molecule method development and validation procedures an asset
- Toxicology experience preferred
- Experience with ICP-MS instrumentation and methods an asset
- Advanced computer knowledge including expertise in Analyst, Excel and Macro programming/ Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System an asset
- Understanding of clinical laboratory process an asset
- Experience with IQMH, CAP, SAMHSA regulatory requirements an asset
- Excellent communication skills
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LabsLifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.