Summary of Position:
Pop currently has an exciting opportunity for a Director of On-Air Promos and Strategy in the Los Angeles office. This position would be responsible for leading and motivating the Pop On-Air Promo creative team to deliver powerful campaigns of the highest creative standards.
- Works with Creative Director to develop and maintain the network voice and tone on air.
- Manage all video communications including promos, sizzles, trailers and social content.
- Oversee the writing & producing of campaign creative.
- Translate marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct team through production
- Work with creative director to develop departmental operations and production budgets.
- Manage the priorities, workflow, scheduling, budget and quality control of all on-air promotions.
- Identify and acquire resources needed for proper job function.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborate with Design Director for animation and graphics needs for network on-air promotion and other video projects.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with promo team to develop marketing campaigns, on-air promotions, and other assigned creative initiatives.
- Manage freelance producers, writers, editors as well as outside vendors.
- Communicate with various departments across the organization such as ad sales, programming and PR to ensure a cohesive campaign is created.
Experience & Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have a 4 year under graduate degree and a minimum of 10+ years’ experience at a broadcast or cable entertainment network.
- High level of expertise in all areas of on-air promotion and filmmaking.
- Strong storytelling ability and writing skills. Must be a writer by trade.
- Strong creative imagination and evidence of breakthrough promotion campaigns.
- Working knowledge of post-production process in Adobe Premiere / Avid.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic characteristic, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. The employer will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.