Senior Sensory & Consumer Science Scientist
Based – Haddenham, UK
12 months Contract
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings Passion for Flavour and saves the World from Boring Food?
Do you believe in the Power of People as we do? If yes – we are waiting for you!
- Plan and co-ordinate sensory evaluation and consumer testing for all stages of project
- Gather and analyse sensory information according to recognised international standards
- Provide strategic research advice to stakeholders to best meet business needs
- Compile scientific sensory reports on objective(s), methodologies and results
- Interpret results and present in appropriate format to stakeholders and provide recommendations
- Compile scientific proposals as per customer request/proactively
- Moderate and manage descriptive panel as and when required
- Demonstrable experience in a sensory/consumer testing facility, ideally 3 years of experience in a Sensory & Consumer Scientist role, or similar.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field with a Sensory/Consumer Science/ Market Research focus.
- Well experienced in consumer research and consumer testing.
- Strong statistical skills, e.g. multi-variant analysis, analysis of variance, distribution analysis, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Previous experience of using Compusense @Hand software and xISTAT.
- Previous exposure to European product development programmes and manufacturing processes
- Experience of leading customer presentations and/or training.
- Flexible/Adaptable - able to be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including effective influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to prioritise and meeting tight timelines.
- Fully operational in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Enthusiastic about food.
- Qualitative research experience would be a plus.
- Language skills in French and/ or Polish would be a plus.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.