ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Monday - Friday with additional hours as needed
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits
Primary responsibility for the oversight of ProHealth Care's comprehensive patient safety program and related quality improvement initiatives. Provides leadership and direction in the development of a culture of patient safety, measurement systems to determine the quality and safety of patient care, and facilitates initiatives contributing to process improvement. Provides organizational direction and education necessary to ensure that PHC clinical services are provided in accordance with standards of ProHealth Care’s initiatives, Joint Commission, other regulatory standards, and National Patient Safety Goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Current State of WI RN Licensure.
- At least 3 years experience in a direct patient care healthcare setting.
- At least 3 years related leadership experience. Previous managerial experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and issues regarding patient safety.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards, health care regulations, process improvement, patient safety and policy formulation.
- Knowledge of infection control standards, regulations and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience with process improvement techniques.
- Previous experience implementing and facilitating organizational change preferred.
- Previous background in complex systems and cultural change preferred.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.