ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm (9 days per pay period). May need to work off shifts and weekends for educational programs.
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time Benefits
The Staff Development Specialist (SDS) for Oncology has the opportunity to impact professional growth and development of clinical staff through:
- Coordinating and participating in the on-boarding process of new staff to Oncology
- Acting as the Instructor for the electronic healthcare record, including classes for new staff and updates
- Working on competency development and assessment
- Development of ongoing education opportunities
- Collection of needs assessment data
- Promoting the integration of ethics, advocacy, evidence based practice into workflows
- Consulting with others within ProHealth Care to influence the care of patients
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Current State of WI RN license.
- BLS (CPR) Certification.
- ONC (Oncology Nurse Certified) preferred.
- At least 5 years of recent Oncology nursing experience.
- Knowledge of and confidence in chemotherapy administration and oncology medications.
- Previous teaching/education experience preferred, but not required.
- Competent in Microsoft Office to include: Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, detail orientation and ability to be a self-starter.
- Ability to travel between ProHealth Care facilities. Each week time will be spent at Waukesha Memorial Hospital and the Pewaukee Campus. Additional travel to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital and D.N. Greenwald in Mukwonago monthly (mileage is paid).
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.