Tripwire is a leading provider of security, compliance and IT operations solutions for enterprises, industrial organizations, service providers and government agencies. Tripwire solutions are based on high-fidelity asset visibility and deep endpoint intelligence combined with business context; together these solutions integrate and automate security and IT operations. Tripwire’s portfolio of enterprise-class solutions includes configuration and policy management, file integrity monitoring, vulnerability management, log management, and reporting and analytics. Learn more at tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at tripwire.com/blog or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.
Tripwire is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
Job Summary for our Product Manager:
The Product Manager for hybrid cloud solutions is responsible for transforming market opportunities into business cases, developing actionable product plans, producing meaningful collateral, and delivering market ready products. The specific focus area for this position is the transition of our on-premises customers to hybrid cloud customers. Responsibilities extend from increasing the profitability and expansion of existing product lines to developing new cloud products targeted a traditionally on-premises customers. This individual must possess a blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality.
Responsibilities for our Product Manager will Include:
- Identifies targets and market opportunity and defines product and business requirements for the segment.
- Defines the organization's unique ability to deliver value to the customer while differentiating itself from competitive solutions. Understands what problems the solutions really solve, how people use them, and what criteria they use to buy them.
- Champions the product roadmap and manages the entire product/product line life cycle from concept through strategic planning to tactical activities. Drives revenuethrough competitive distribution, pricing, and positioning. Manages decisions to continue or discontinue product offering based on profitability.
- Works with key customers or prospects to identify unsolved problems inmarket that are both urgent and pervasive and that people are willing to pay to solve.
- Proposes innovative and new products or solutions that leverage the organization's distinctive competence, capitalize on existing opportunities, and unlocks new opportunities, through Build/Buy/Partner analyses
- Identifies competitive offerings and alternatives in the market. Reviews their approach, success, strengths and weaknesses. Delivers timely and accurate competitive analysis to the sales and marketing teams.
- Segments the market and maps needs of target markets. Analyzes and determines adjacent market segments to proactively pursue based on product line strategy, and engages in segments large enough to support the current and future business of the company.
- Develops pricing strategies and validates with each region. Establishes and enacts pricing models, schedules, guidelines and procedures for assigned product.
- Serves as internal expert for worldwide product roadmap. Builds strong internal partnerships with Sales Engineers, Corporate Marketing and Field Marketing.
- Provides ongoing guidance to technical product managers, user experience designers and engineers in the development of product specifications that deliver on market requirements. Helps set resource priorities of the development organization. Drives the solution set through market requirements definition and product positioning.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance opportunity proposals, business cases (Go/No Go), product roadmaps, and for contributing to the corporate marketing plans.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience for our Product Manager:
- Bachelors or four year- university degree in business, computer software or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus.
- An applicable and progressive track record of 3+ years in product management for enterprise security software products.
- Experience with both on-premises and cloud-based products is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by success in leading major product releases, rearchitecture, repositioning or major new product release.
- Experience serving as a business leader for the product who is as passionate about gross margin and business profitability as they are about revenue growth.
- Ability to learn and speak effectively about in depth technical issues augmented by deep understanding of the security market and customer needs
- Strong record of building effective relationships within and outside the company. Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated ability to manage controversial situations, customer negotiations, and/or influence/persuade executives.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams at a technical level with the skills to form consensus and drive execution.
- Ability to deal with and embrace change at a rapid pace and lead others through it. Good coaching skills a plus.
- Experience with Agile / SCRUM is a plus.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated experience in providing strategic contribution to business results. Must be experienced working with executives and presenting strategy.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
At Tripwire our culture is one where you perform at your best, where you trust your teammates, and where work doesn’t feel so much like work. We recognize and appreciate the contribution of all our employees. We value customer service, working with teams and thriving in an environment of continuous change. We play to win!
Tripwire provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status. national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or any other condition of employment or career development.