Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries.
Abt Associates seeks bright, talented, and intellectually curious students to add to our talent pipeline. As a paid Knowledge Management intern in the Centers and Knowledge Team, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on industry experience while being exposed to challenging projects and learning from some of the top experts in the field. Interns will be exposed to a depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge through events and programs throughout the summer. Our summer internship program consists of a robust and structured curriculum that encompasses professional development opportunities, networking events, and a mentorship program. This position is located in Rockville, MD or Cambridge, MA.
The Summer Internship Program at Abt Associates is 10 weeks, beginning June 3 through August 9, 2019. Interns must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) for the duration of the program. Abt Associates does not provide housing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist business units in implementing their knowledge collection strategies
- Assist with development and documentation of content health review processes
- Assist with needs assessment and usability evaluation of KM platform
Department / Division Qualifications
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree program
- Ideal candidates will have academic or work experience in Information Management or Knowledge Management, and have familiarity with UI/UX design principles
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint desirable but not required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Program Minimum Qualifications
- Has completed at least two years of college coursework (undergraduate candidates)
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Is available to work full-time throughout the 10 week internship
- Is eligible to work in the United States
- Transitioning military are encouraged to apply
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.