We create great spaces and we create fulfilling career opportunities.
At Haworth, you’ll find a place that since its inception has revolved around inspiration, originality, advancement, and the people who drive it. With a unique global perspective, a culture of great design, a ground-breaking approach to space, you’ll find everything you are looking for in pursuing the journey of a fulfilling career. At Haworth, you are more than an employee; you are a valued member of our global family.
We are currently looking for a Director of Human Resources Business Partners & Internal Communications to work out of our global headquarters located in Holland, Michigan. This position reports directly to the VP of Global Human Resources
ABOUT THE JOB
As a strategic business partner and consultant to all levels of leadership, you will provide solutions that influence the success of the organization by: supporting organization design, instituting strategic change, ensuring compliance and championing member engagement.
Organization Design & Strategic Change
This person has a finger on the pulse of the organization and will use this information to advise senior executives on business strategies that will improve operations and performance. To manage this, you will:
- Direct a team of 10 corporate Member Relations Business Partners who work throughout all Haworth North American manufacturing and field sales offices to ensure fair and consistent interpretation of past practice and company policies and procedures.
- Partner with business leaders to develop strategic goals and plans for member relations issues.
- Create and execute Internal Communication strategy to leverage all available communication vehicles.
- Support Engagement activities including survey administration and ensuring action plan creation.
- Consult with line management on development of self-directed work teams to support lean initiatives.
- Establish methods to increase work force flexibility in matching manpower levels to business activity.
This position reports directly to the VP of Global Human Resources and will act as the advisor to executive leadership. As such, you will regularly engage with corporate counsel to ensure that the organization’s policies and practices are in compliance with state and federal employment laws. We expect you to be familiar with new legislation and regulations that may impact Haworth’s ability to conduct business. Responsibilities will include:
- Represent Haworth in unemployment insurance matters. Ensuring Haworth mitigates cost and manages to the appropriate outcome for the member and company.
- Partner with Human Resources (HR) Business Partners and leaders to address member relations issues and provide necessary guidance and expertise.
- Assist with disciplinary actions, terminations, reorganizations and reductions in force to ensure all legal guidelines, investigatory practices, fair treatment protocols and respectful separations are followed.
- Serve as catalyst for areas of compliance related to (among others) Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliances, control of workers' compensation costs and safety improvement to support corporate objectives.
As the Director of HR Business Partners and Internal Communication you will support Haworth’s people objectives by ensuring development and promotion of company-wide communications strategies and programs that engage and inspire the company’s workforce. To manage this, you will:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Member Communications team to support corporate and department goals.
- Triangulate data on turnover, morale, and engagement to identify opportunities to coach and work with leaders to improve management skills and work environment.
· Direct planning and conduct research projects such as surveys, test validations, needs analyses and impact studies to assess effectiveness of company-wide human resource endeavors.
Our values are fundamental to how Haworth makes business decisions and we believe this differentiates us from other companies. As a result, it is important to Haworth that our values align with yours as we strive to live these six values every day. We value our customers. We value our members. We value integrity. We value continuous learning. We value results. We value our world.
In order to be successful as a Director Human Resources, Business Partners & Internal Communications, you must have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, Law, Communications, Labor Studies, Human Resources Management, Psychology or Organizational Development.
- Fifteen years of experience in increasingly responsible management positions including five years Human Resources Management experience.
- Master’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or Industrial Relations.
- Experience working within a large manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of California employment law.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal labor laws, legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of employer and employee legal rights, duties and responsibilities.
- High level understanding of at-will employment laws.
- High level use of negotiation techniques, interviewing skills and investigative procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas concerning terminations, severance, disciplinary, conflict resolution, reductions in force, union avoidance, industrial health and safety, involvement and engagement programs, self-directed work teams and reward and recognition programs, documentation, reporting and follow-up.
- Strong administrative, organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with affinity for details.
- Strong collaboration skills.
· Demonstrated, hands-on team leadership and team-building skills.
· Strong ability to bring parties to consensus.
· Ability to handle confidential information with dignity and tact.
· Strong ability to facilitate change.
- Works in participative and collaborative environment and has a keen focus on delivery of customer service.
- Ability to relate well to people of all backgrounds by being open, approachable, and collaborative.
- Good sense of humor and ability to use it gently to diffuse tensions and restore balance.
- Effective in working with teams and across boundaries with colleagues.
- Ability to express opinions in persuasive, diplomatic, and thoughtful manner.
- Strong desire to be helpful to colleagues throughout organization.
This position also requires:
· Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· The ability to work in Holland, MI.
· The ability to travel overnight away from corporate office, including internationally, up to 20 percent of the time.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact email@example.com.