Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big business problems?
If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity,our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we previously were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING A JUNIOR/INTERMEDIATE RETOUCHER
This role resides within the Identica studio team and reports into the Sr Retoucher/Studio Director. The Retoucher works collaboratively within the studio environment, in partnership with artists, designers & production managers on a variety of projects for our clients. They are responsible for retouching, colour correcting and spec-ing of high resolution images.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience as a design/digital artist or creative retoucher in an agency environment
- In depth knowledge of Adobe/Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, Macintosh environment
- Graphic arts background or design degree/diploma
- Experience with image retouching including: removing imperfections, correcting colour and creation of composite images
- Proven ability to work with many personality types and issues, highly collaborative within a creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize high volumes of work and remain calm under pressure
- Applies appropriate colour profiles to ensure files are print production ready
- Familiar with CMYK, RGB colour space
- Excellent communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building & design of files, either conceptual or finished, ready for reproduction as required
- Delivery of electronic files either high or low res as required by workflow methods, including PDF/logos
- Image manipulation & colour correction within scope, ongoing willingness to expand skill-set
- Finished illustrations as required
- Archiving/retrieval of historical assets
- Liaise with Production, Creative or Account Service in execution of building files, collaborate particularly well with art directors on look/feel of imagery
- Keep current with software/hardware & bring knowledge forward collaborating with Studio Director
- Assist in mockups/mounting when need arises
- Share knowledge with team members
- Participate actively in helping foster a team approach
- Self insure continual personal & professional development & growth
- Continually seek improved methodology & working methods
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
We offer the opportunity to work with leading industry clients and a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly
We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Take a look at our career website. Perhaps there is an opportunity that is waiting for you!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.