Requisition ID: 65185
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Compile and prepare shop drawings and material submittals for review by architects, engineers, clients and jurisdictional authorities
• Coordinate sprinkler design with existing structures and other MEP subcontractors
• Optimize design efficiency for system fabrication and installation
• Perform hydraulic calculations for fire sprinkler systems
• Detail the design for fabrication, prepare installation drawings and prepare “as built” drawings for client files and in-house archives
• Prepare stock lists and material requisitions
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Construction or related OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three or more years’ fire protection system layout and calculation
• Fluency within AutoCAD, HydraCAD and/or AutoSPRINK platforms
• Willingness and ability to travel as required to assigned project locations with valid drivers’ license
• Fast-paced construction office and field project environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management and staff a while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.