Requisition ID: 66881
• Develop positive working relationships with customers interested in purchasing design, fabrication, and installation of fire sprinkler systems.
• Demonstrate products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
• Apply knowledge of NFPA standards to analyze hazards and identify appropriate design approach.
• Read and comprehend plans and specifications.
• Prepare detailed cost estimates including design, materials, fabrication, equipment, permits, subcontracts, consulting fees, and installation labor.
• Negotiate, review, and execute price and terms of agreements.
• Meet with contractors and subcontractors on site to review site conditions and discuss bid scope when necessary.
• Maintain knowledge and have a clear understanding on the application of all local and national codes, specifications, and guidelines set forth by authorities having jurisdiction.
• Participate in pre-bid, pre-construction, and post project completion meetings.
• Meet productivity and timeline goals for bids produced.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• NICET certification or the strong commitment to gain certification.
• 10+ years of experience in the fire protection industry.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Thorough understanding of general construction methods, practices, and terminology.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of local and national fire and building codes & government regulations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.