Job Title: Commodity Material Planner II ~ Holland, MI
Take your first steps towards an exciting career! Join an innovative global organization where you can use your talents to the fullest! HAWORTH - a family owned company that values diversity and inclusion. A global leader in the sustainable design and manufacture of organic workspaces. We are leaders in office furniture and architectural interiors. Join a company that values innovation, sustainability, and you!
We are currently looking for a COMMODITY MATERIAL PLANNER II to work in our Holland, MI facility.
The Commodity Material Planner II is a fast paced job that will provide leadership and plan for a specific commodity group (i.e. wood, metal) for various Haworth manufacturing facilities. In this position, a member will plan and manage inbound material orders to meet production demands for various plants. They will also identify and implement continuous improvements that enhance overall inventory objectives.
A typical day would require flexibility and organization to bounce between multiple important tasks which include:
- Daily commodity planning and leading planning professionals.
- Creating tools to analyze data and support continuous improvement.
- Creating cross-functional teams to resolve current issues.
- Monitoring reports and manage exceptions in supply/ demand.
- Training and mentoring individuals on the team.
- Developing forecasts to procure raw materials to support manufacturing schedules.
- Developing tools to better manage and analyze data.
- Inventory Management (i.e. safety stock, Kanban, reorder point).
- Working closely with suppliers to meet purchase order requirements, on time delivery, shortages and working on recoveries when issues arise.
- Problem solving using A3 action plans.
- Verifying and correcting receiving issues as they arise.
- Reviewing and maintaining material set up in the system(s).
- Supporting projects related to (but not limited to) new product launch, process improvement and supplier development as needed.
- Support in training new members when necessary.
- Ability to travel to supporting plants and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or Engineering and six (6) years of experience in Supply Chain planning.
- If you do not have a degree listed above, fourteen (14) years of experience in Supply Chain planning is required.
- Experience in production or material planning.
- Experience leading and developing individuals.
- Experience in electronics, automotive, or furniture manufacturing environment.
- SAP Experience.
- Experience with production and inventory control procedures using Just In Time manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to analyze and establish parameters to support optimized production.
- Ability to proactively see out issues prior to them occurring.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work activities based on emergent needs of the business.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of ERP system(s).
More about the Job
- Requires current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Requires job seeker to be able to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Requires the ability to travel up to 10% of the time. This travel may include overnight stays.
HAWORTH - where global perspective and a unique design point of view come together beautifully to create Organic Workspace® solutions.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact email@example.com.