Established in 1964, Cossette Communication Inc. (“Cossette”) is one of Canada’s leading marketing communications companies. Cossette provides integrated communications services including application and digital platform development, brand activation, experiential marketing, brand positioning, brand design, strategic planning, and market research – among other services. Headquartered at 300 St. Paul Street, Suite 300, Québec City, Québec, G1K 7R1, the company has offices across Canada in Montréal, Toronto, Winnipeg, Halifax, Vancouver, Chicago (USA), and employ a full-time staff of approximately 650 professionals.
Cossette was named “Agency of the Year” in 1998 and 1991, and Newsmaker of the Year in 1986 by Canadian advertising and marketing trade publication Marketing Magazine. Cossette has become a trusted name in Canadian marketing and creative strategy and our biggest clients include a few of Canada’s leading businesses across a variety of industries. For more information, please visit www.cossette.com.
Cossette is presently looking to hire a Vice President, Marketing Sciences to lead the Marketing Sciences division of our company. This new role will report directly to our Media President and be a key member of our parent company’s leadership team. The role will be based at our office in Toronto, Ontario at 32 Atlantic Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 1X8.
As Vice President, Marketing Sciences, your job duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following activities:
- Establishing the objectives for the company’s Marketing Sciences division and approving strategic growth strategies that will encourage Cossette’s growth and continued lead in the Canadian marketing communications industry;
- Partnering with the Media Group President to develop and deliver marketing sciences strategic and financial plans;
- Owning and managing the Marketing Sciences division’s Profit and Loss (“P&L”);
- Providing both direct and indirect oversight of data strategy and analytics teams and operations to achieve the division and company’s goals;
- Leading engagement teams and serving as a new business leader that is responsible for identifying, pitching, leading the company through negotiations, and winning new business opportunities;
- Providing oversight, both directly and through middle managers, of all areas within the Marketing Science division including:
- Return on Market Investment (“ROMI”) measurement, marketing mix modelling and optimization, econometrics, and general modelling projects;
- Operational analytics, including framework management, process definition, recruitment, and training;
- Data Infrastructure, Architecture and Management, including systems, Extract, Transform, and Load (“ETL”) data activities, report production and data visualization
These are executive duties within our company.
- This is a fulltime, permanent position with our company;
- We are offering a base salary between CAD $180,000.00 to CAD $220,000.00 per annum and your offer will be commensurate with experience;
- Total compensation will include: Salary; Performance based bonuses, and Benefits which our Executive Medical (dental care coverage, vision coverage, health coverage, life insurance, medical coverage & travel insurance); This position will be eligible for discretionary increases in salary, bonuses, and promotions the whole in accordance with our standard operating procedures.
The successful candidate will have exceptional business acumen and a proven track record of building and leading an advanced analytics offering within the Media landscape, across multiple analytics disciplines. It is critical that this individual has the passion and credibility within the analytics environment and can become actively involved in industry affairs and industry dialogue as a high profile advocate to build and encourage growth within this line of our business.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in business administration, commerce, economics, mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field is required;
- A post-graduate degree will be considered an asset;
- Several years of professional working experience (a minimum of a five) in the marketing and communications industry is required;
- As this is a business leadership role and not a traditional account management role, the successful applicant must possess a minimum of three years of experience in an business operations capacity including the management and delivery of strategic growth plans and business administration;
- Experience in delivering strategic growth plans for multinational clients and international brands is required;
- Demonstrable experience in ROMI analytics and marketing mix modelling and optimization is required;
- Experience in multidiscipline analytics, including marketing mix modeling (“MMM”), marketing measurements strategy, and digital media optimization reporting is required;
- The successful candidate must have P&L management experience and managing a business or essential business function to budget;
- The successful candidate must have proven experience human resources and talent management including the ability to identify, recruit, inspire, and develop best in class talent;
- Fluent in agency processes to ensure quality control at all stages of the project;
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Transparent with a high degree of integrity, self-aware and self-accountable;
- Result and action oriented, calm under pressure with a resiliency to bounce back quickly from setbacks;
- Strong managerial courage, decisive and able to make the tough decisions and have the tough conversations with respect and positivity; and
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and client relationship building skills.
Candidates interested in this position are asked to apply via our recruitment website at www.cossette.com or via mail at 32 Atlantic Ave, Toronto, Ontario