Job Title: Project Leader – Holland, MI
At Haworth, you’ll find a place that since its inception has revolved around inspiration, originality, advancement, and the people who drive it. With a unique global perspective, a culture of great design, a ground-breaking approach to space, and an admiration and appreciation of the members whose cleverness and resourcefulness propel us forward, you’ll find everything you are looking for in pursuing the journey of a fulfilling career. At Haworth, you are more than an employee; you are a valued member of our global family.
We are currently looking for a Project Leader in the Global Supply Chain Department at our Holland, MI headquarters.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Supply Chain Project Leader will work cross-functionally with members from our commodity team, manufacturing operations, material planning, quality, suppliers of the organization as well as other key stakeholders to the assigned project. This position will take the lead on projects that are in support of new product implementation (NPI). Projects will include cost reduction, supplier moves, outsourcing projects and supplier development activity. The Supply Chain Project Leader will be responsible for multiple projects at one time and will need to be able to adjust to the fast-paced, ever changing environment at Haworth.
The Supply Chain Project Leader will focus on these key areas on a day to day basis:
The Supply Chain Project Leader will own a project from beginning to end. It is important to ensure that project goals are met in order to accomplish key business initiatives established by the business. The following responsibilities will be important to the success of the position:
• Lead cross-functional teams and sub-teams.
• Monitor project progress and develop contingency plans or corrective actions.
• Analyze risk pertaining to material supply chain planning and ensure material plans are met and interruptions are avoided.
• Report and present team performance and project updates to management.
• Promote innovation by incorporating evolving technology, knowledge, and market information into project activities.
The Supply Chain Project Leader will be assigned projects that require interaction and development of our supplier relationships. To be successful in developing these relationships they must:
• Follow the commodity team’s lead in identifying major supplier moves or out sourcing projects to ensure improvements are made in the areas of quality, service and cost.
• Interface with suppliers to develop contractual agreements required by the assigned project.
• Maintain awareness of competitive products and regulatory compliance issue that relate to the business.
In order to be successful as a Supply Chain Project Leader, applicants will be considered given the following criteria listed below.
This position will require the following:
• Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Job seeker to be able to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
• Ability to occasionally travel overnight away from corporate offices, up to 25% of the time, including internationally.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or Engineering or an advanced degree in one of the stated areas of study.
• Six years of experience working on a project team, including one year of team leadership, supporting supply chain initiatives.
• Experience sourcing and evaluating suppliers.
• Experience reading product prints.
• Project Management certification.
• Experience in a supply chain function within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience using SAP.
• Strong inter-personal and team-building skills.
• Experience making management level presentations.
• Ability to manage multiple high level projects at the same time.
• Must have persistence to ensure that project expectations are met.
• Ability to quickly learn new processes, procedures and project expectations.
Our values are what define who we are at Haworth. It is important that our values align with yours because we strive to live these six values every day. We value our customers, members, integrity, continuous learning, results and our world. The Supply Chain Project Leader will demonstrate Haworth’s values by effectively communicating with cross-functional team members and suppliers.
We create great spaces and we create fulfilling career opportunities.
To apply for this job, and to learn more about the possibilities at Haworth, please visit our website at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.