Take your first steps towards an exciting career! Join an innovative global organization where you can use your talents to the fullest! HAWORTH - a family owned company that values diversity and inclusion. A global leader in the sustainable design and manufacture of organic workspaces. We are leaders in office furniture and architectural interiors. Join a company that values innovation, sustainability, and you!
We are currently looking for a FINANCIAL ANALYST - CORPORATE ACCOUNTING to work in our Holland, MI facility.
As a Financial Analyst with Haworth’s Corporate Accounting team you will have the opportunity to be involved in complex global financial data and processes. A core responsibility will be to support month-end and year-end closing processes as well as the preparation of the annual report. Account reconciliations and continuous improvement initiatives that identify and implement process improvements are ongoing throughout the year. Other assigned financial analysis may be used in making decisions for the company.
Other regular responsibilities of the Financial Analyst - Corporate Accounting are:
- Research and gain an understanding of accounting requirements and present findings to the team.
- Enforce policies and process procedures necessary to ensure Company’s internal controls are effective in regards to recording financial transactions in compliance with US GAAP and legal requirements.
- Assist with external audits to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist with acquisition reviews and direct integration of acquired entities into Company’s financial policies, controls, and procedures to properly report their results in the Company’s financial statements.
- Maintain Company’s financial integrity through monitoring and reviewing account reconciliations and transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Three years of public and/or corporate accounting experience, holding progressively expanding duties.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems.
- Ability to research and gain understanding of technical accounting issues.
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong accounting, analysis and data gathering skills.
- Ability to think outside the box to solve problems and drive continuous improvement projects.
- High attention to detail.
- High level excel knowledge.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities concurrently.
This job will also require:
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Job seeker to be able to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Occasional travel overnight, away from corporate offices, including internationally.
HAWORTH - where global perspective and a unique design point of view come together beautifully to create Organic Workspace® solutions.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.