Job Title: Senior International Trade Specialist ~ USA
Take your first steps towards an exciting career! Join an innovative global organization where you can use your talents to the fullest! HAWORTH - a family owned company that values diversity and inclusion. A global leader in the sustainable design and manufacture of organic workspaces. We are leaders in office furniture and architectural interiors. Join a company that values innovation, sustainability, and you!
We are currently looking for a Senior International Trade Specialist to work for our Corporate Headquarters located in Holland, MI.
The Senior International Trade Specialist works globally and manages import and export compliance programs, including “special trade programs” (NAFTA), customs’ partnership programs (i.e., Customs Trade Partners Against Terrorism, Free And Secure Trade, Importers Self-Assessment, and Customs Self-Assessment) and record-keeping programs. Leads North American compliance team and compliance initiatives. Leads development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance policies, procedure manual, training, and internal audit programs. Supports off-shore sourcing initiatives and inbound supply chain programs.
More about the Job
- Ability to travel overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, up to 15 percent of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Logistics, Business Administration or Political Science.
- Master’s degree in International Business/Logistics or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Custom’s Broker’s license
- Seven years of experience in import/export operations, with comprehensive knowledge of international trade regulatory requirements, including one year of experience with Haworth or equivalent office industry products and knowledge to classify parts and perform manual NAFTA analysis.
- Strong background in international logistics, trade compliance, and export/import operations.
- Ability to converse in Spanish or French.
- Master’s degree in International Business, Logistics, Business Administration or Political Science.
Other Skills and Knowledge
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with ability effectively establish worldwide relationships.
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in large complex teams or groups while achieving results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to solve complex problems.
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills; extensive working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software required.
We create great spaces and we create fulfilling career opportunities.
HAWORTH – Where global perspective and a unique design point of view come together beautifully to create Organic Workspace® solutions.
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
If you require an accommodation in the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.