Summary of Position:
Pop Media is seeking a Senior Vice President, Marketing and Creative to lead the network’s revenue generating marketing efforts. Reporting to the President, the role will oversee marketing strategy, creative services, media buying/planning and promotions scheduling.
- Directly oversee the following areas: consumer, distribution, digital and ad-sales marketing strategy, creative services, media buying/planning and promotions scheduling.
- Most senior marketing executive responsible for developing and executing the marketing strategy and creative expression of the Pop brand.
- Day-to-day supervision of on-channel and off-channel marketing to most effectively position Pop to maximize ratings and drive awareness.
- Supervise Creative Services to ensure the design and production of creative elements (on-air promos, graphics, collateral materials, etc.) defines the highest quality look and feel of Pop, while maintaining consistent brand messaging.
- Act as the brand steward for Pop to ensure consistency and effectiveness of all internal and external communications and messages.
- Leverage research and insights regarding the Pop audience (definition, behavior, trends, etc.) to drive viewer engagement, maximize ratings, and empower conversations/negotiations with external constituents including press, advertisers, affiliates, etc.
- Oversee and drive innovation as it pertains to digital and social marketing and new platforms that drive community and catalyze conversation around the Pop Brand and Pop Original Series.
- Support the ad sales team by creating market positioning and presentations that drive new business and revenue, including the development and execution of the annual Upfront Presentation.
- Oversee the Integrated Marketing team, responsible for creating unique and industry-leading sponsorship and integration opportunities that drive revenue and partnerships.
Experience & Skills:
- A track record of success building, transforming and maintaining a dynamic and well-known consumer brand.
- A track record of success supporting Ad Sales and Content Distribution teams to drive revenue, new business and partnerships.
- Significant experience leading an innovative marketing group at an advertising agency, consumer brand or media company.
- A forward thinking creative manager and leader with a thorough understanding of marketing on multiple platforms including TV, digital, mobile, social, etc.
- A deep understanding of how to use innovative on-channel and off-channel creative to drive tune-in and brand awareness.
- Ideally, thorough knowledge of the television industry (history, outlets, competition, etc.), and the ability to apply previously developed marketing expertise at Pop.
- An understanding and appreciation of the Pop brand and how this brand could be most effectively expressed on all media platforms.
- Keen insight into Pop’s target consumers (demographic and psychographic), including a fundamental awareness of what is important to and what drives/motivates these consumers, along with how these consumers utilize a wide range of traditional and digital media.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, drive and manage transformative change.
- A powerful entrepreneurial drive and business savvy and desire to utilize the marketing function to push the Pop brand in new directions and onto new platforms
- Full appreciation of the values/culture of Pop with the ability to excel within this environment and interact with all constituents in a highly effective manner.
- Management and leadership style anchored in a clear and concise articulation of vision, goals, strategies, values/culture, and roles and responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional values including impeccable personal and business ethics.
- A strong professional drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Intense work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong familiarity in Microsoft Office is expected, namely Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus
The company offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a great working environment.