Summary of Position:
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for an experienced attorney in our Business and Legal Affairs department. This role will provide legal support for our digital studios division, which specializes in the development and production of low-budget, full-length feature films and episodic content built around social media influencers primarily for the direct to digital marketplace (including over-the-top programming services). This role will be part of a team responsible for negotiating and drafting above and below the line agreements for film and/or television content and advising on rights, guild and clearances matters related thereto. Responsibilities:
- Business affairs and legal matters in connection with the studio’s development and production slate, including, but not limited to, negotiating and drafting first look deals, script deals, overall deals, underlying rights deals, license agreements, production services agreements, co-production agreements, negative pickup deals, talent agreements, location agreements and other production/development-related agreements,
- Advise on business and legal issues related to the exploitation of the studio’s content (e.g., union/guild regulations, chain of title and clearance matters).
Experience & Skills:
- The ideal candidate must be able to function independently and able to quickly and efficiently handle a high volume of deals, matters and agreements in a fast-paced environment.
- 2-3 years of experience directly in digital.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, communication and analytical skills
- JD degree from an accredited law school
- 4 years of development and production legal experience at a motion picture/television studio or major entertainment law firm
- Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in house counsel